Founding Venture Partner, responsible for identifying and evaluating investments and advising portfolio companies.
BS, Computer Science (focus on Robotics and AI), Stanford University. Certified Teacher, ParentProject -- parenting for the rest of us.
20 year veteran technology entrepreneur, dozens of patents, some highlights:
- Amazon.com Data Science and Machine Learning team founding manager, working directly with Jeff Bezos and senior management to establish the practice in the early 2000's. Numerous patents, and ultimately drove data to be responsible for 25% of profits.
- MyTwoFrontTeeth.org (merged with FamilyGivingTree) co-founder. Built a direct b2c consumer giving platform for holiday gift donations. Served on the BOD for 10 years.
- Redfin CTO and co-founder. Built one of the first "Web 2.0" businesses, the world's first interactive mapping (technology behind Google Maps, etc.), and now one of the US's largest real estate brokerages.
- RichRelevance CEO and co-founder. Built a real-time analytics engine, one of the first cloud-based businesses, growing it to $50M in sales and break-even as the market-leader in the retail personalization space.
- SiliconClimate. Board Chair and co-founder. Building a non-profit to address global conservation efforts, using technical disruption as the vehicle for global conservation (vs. taxes/legislation). Advisor to Rainforest Connection, OPUS-12, Springr, GridCure.
- Deep Sentinel, CEO and co-founder. Building a home security business leveraging artificial intelligence to predict and prevent crime.
Dave lives in Pleasanton with his 2 girls (5 & 8, one at Lydiksen, one at Sunol Glen), 2 dogs, and a wonderful wife who was a professional ballroom instructor and social worker.